Nike Air Force 1 Collection
The history of the Nike Air Force 1
The Air Force 1 was created by Nike designer Bruce Kilgore, who started designing basketball shoes for the brand in 1978. The Air Force 1 was the first mass-produced basketball shoe to feature a high-top silhouette, and it has been an extremely popular casual sneaker among both men and women since its debut over thirty years ago.
In 1982, Original Six NBA player Moses Malone donned his pair during a game with the Houston Rockets. Fans were enamored with Malone's new kicks, and they quickly became one of the most coveted pairs of sneakers on the market. At its peak, Nike sold more than 2 million pairs of Air Forces in 1985 alone—an impressive feat for such a niche product at that time.
The iconic sneakers have maintained their popularity over the past three decades thanks to their classic style as well as their comfort factor: A full-length Nike Air sole provides wearers with plush cushioning while simultaneously lending each pair a distinctive look.
The characteristics of the Nike Air Force 1
- Leather upper with a perforated toe
- Debossed logo on the tongue, side and heel
- Non-marking rubber outsole for traction and durability
This shoe pays homage to the 1982 classic basketball sneaker designed by Bruce Kilgore. The Air Force 1 is named after the presidential plane. Its iconic characteristics, like its full-length air sole unit, leather upper and low-cut silhouette add to its status as a timeless sneaker.
The Nike Air Force 1 collaborations
Since the release of the Nike Air Force 1 in 1982, the shoe has been involved with a variety of collaborations. The following are just a few of the most popular and interesting collaborations:
- The Riccardo Tisci collaboration was done in 2014 as part of NikeLab’s Remastered project. It is considered one of the most popular Air Force 1 collabs because it furthered the popularity of minimalist athletic footwear. Riccardo Tisci was also known for his unique re-designs that pushed boundaries in terms of incorporating athletic wear into everyday life. NikeLab carried this concept forward into its own brand identity, which made this collaboration especially successful.
- In 2018, Boston-based design studio Calico Wallpaper partnered with Nike to create limited edition Air Force 1 sneakers that featured wildflower prints on canvas and suede uppers as well as embroidered flowers on the heels and tongues of each shoe. This collaboration is also notable because Calico Wallpaper worked with 5 different artists to produce unique illustrations for each print on every sneaker produced – no two shoes are exactly alike!
The variety, color and designs of the shoes.
The variety, color and design of the Nike Air Force 1 shoes are endless. You will find that they come in a wide array of colors and styles to choose from. There are many different designs and styles to match your personal style and fashion sense.
The Nike Air Force 1 shoe is very popular due to the variety of colors it comes in as well as being able to customize your shoe with different designs, patterns, logos and more.
There are also many different styles available such as low tops, mid tops, high tops etc... This makes it easy for anyone who is looking for something unique or just wants something different from what everyone else has.
You can even change up how you wear them like lacing them up in a certain way so they look like boots instead of sneakers!